Me, You and Soccer

All about soccer. Love the Game.

Xherdan Shaqiri reveals call from Inter boss Roberto Mancini persuaded Swiss star to snub Everton, Liverpool and Stoke

  • Xherdan Shaqiri took part in his first training session at Inter on Friday
  • Swiss star joined from Bayern Munich on a four-and-a-half-year contract
  • The 23-year-old was put through his paces in series of fitness drills 
Xherdan Shaqiri revealed why he had snubbed a move to the Premier League after taking part in his first training session at Inter Milan on Friday.

The Swiss star joined the Italian side from Bayern Munich on a four-and-a-half-year contract despite interest from Everton, Liverpool and Stoke.

Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri arrives at Inter Milan's training complex on Friday
Spot Shaqiri! Xherdan gets mobbed as he arrives in Milan from...

The 23-year-old enjoyed a low-key start to his Serie A career as he was put through a series of fitness drills as manager Roberto Mancini prepared his players for Sunday's match against Genoa.

The winger revealed a call from from Mancini persuaded him to join the challenge of helping Inter - currently 11th in the league - earn a place in next season's Champions League.

Swiss winger Shaqiri was put through his paces in a series of fitness drills on Friday

Shaqiri hopes to impress after joining from Bayern Munich on a four-and-a-half-year contract
'I'm very happy to be here at Inter,' Shaqiri told Sky Sport Italia. 'Our target is the Champions League, for sure. I don't want to talk of Bayern Munich, I'm just glad to be here and I want to meet my objectives with Inter.

'[Coach Roberto] Mancini called me, he wanted me very strongly. I'm happy to be working with him.

Shaqiri trained alone as manager Roberto Mancini prepared his players for Sunday's match against Genoa
'As for Bayern, I said goodbye to my former teammates and with the club everything is clear.

'I exchanged a few words with Podolski, certainly. I like the city here, I like it all. Forza Inter!'

DailyMail
Share this article :
+
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar untuk "Xherdan Shaqiri reveals call from Inter boss Roberto Mancini persuaded Swiss star to snub Everton, Liverpool and Stoke"

 
Copyright © 2014 Me, You and Soccer - All Rights Reserved - DMCA
Template By Kunci Dunia